All attendees of the Festival are eligible to enter the Grand Prize Raffle for over $1500 worth of orchid plants, crafts and supplies.*
Bench Judged Show
Individual entries of flowering orchid plants are eligible for judging by American Orchid Society judges. In addition to ribbons for best in class, all entered plants will be evaluated for prestigious AOS quality awards. Over $5000 cash will be awarded to the best plants and exhibits at the Tamiami International Orchid Festival.
Grand and Reserve Champion
The flowering plant judged best in show by AOS judges will be designated Grand Champion and be awarded $500 cash. The runner-up will be designated Reserve Champion and will receive $250 cash.
Best In Class
$100 each to the winners of the following Best in Class (including allied general)
- Best Cattleya
- Best Dendrobium
- Best Paphiopedilum
- Best Phalaenopsis
- Best Oncidium
- Best Vanda
- Best Species
- Best Specimen
Plants for competition must be registered between 12 noon and 5:00 pm. on Thursday January 12th at the Fair Expo 10901 Coral Way. Plants must remain on display until 6PM Sunday Jan. 15th, 2017.
Start grooming your entry now so it will look its best for the American Orchid Society judges who will decide the winners and also present AOS awards.
Society Exhibits: Orchid societies are invited to mount 100 square foot displays. These will be judged for the coveted American Orchid Society Show Trophy. First, second and third place exhibits will receive trophies and cash awards totaling $1200.
The public is encouraged to compete in all the completions. All plants in the show are eligible for ribbons, AOS awards and Champion prizes.
*A completed admission ticket is the entry form. No purchase necessary. The drawing is held at 6pm Sunday at the Festival grounds. The winner will be announced via public address system, and, if not present, called and emailed via the information provided on their ticket.
- American Orchid Society--Information Booth and Membership Drive
- Florida Caribbean Judging Center— Volunteers, AOS Judging
- Asociación de Orquideología de América–Exhibit and Membership Drive
- Coalition on Orchid Species—Exhibit and Membership Drive
- Orchid Society of Coral Gables—Exhibit and Membership Drive
- Pan American Orchid Society—Exhibit and Membership Drive
- South Dade Amateur Orchid Society—Exhibit and Membership Drive
- South Florida Orchid Society—Exhibit and Membership Drive
- Plantation Orchid Society—Exhibit and Membership Drive
- Orchid Mania — Volunteers
Orchid Societies attending as groups include:
- Brevard County Orchid Society
- Florida West Coast Orchid Society
- Fort Myers Orchid Society
- Jacksonville Orchid Society
- Naples Orchid Society
- Greater Orlando Orchid Society
- Pine Ridge Orchid Society
- Port St. Lucie Orchid Society
- Tropical Orchid Society
- Vero Beach Orchid Society